Sunday, May 5, 2013

Lime Crime Haul/Review

*pictured above velvetine in "red velvet lipsticks in coquette,great pink planet and centrifuchsia
I've been on the fence about purchasing lime crime products for awhile. Ever since I heard the drama surrounding this company I've stayed away. When the hype over the velvetines came about I felt like I had to have it. I also had such an urge to try out the lipsticks that the next week I placed an order for three of the lipsticks.
 
swatches in red velvet,great pink planet,coquette,centrifuchsia

 
I was really surprised by how much I loved these lip products.
Red velvet really is the perfect red. It dries to a beautiful matte finish and does leave that velvet looking appearance on your lips. It also lasts all day and doesn't budge which is a huge plus.

Great pink planet is a beautiful baby pink color that kind of reminds me of my beloved Mac viva glam gaga lipstick.

Coquette is one I was pretty skeptical about I had seen so many different looking swatches of this lipstick. Even in my swatch above it looks super orange and it's not. I have been on the hunt for a perfect nude and I think I've found it in Coquette. It works surprisingly well against my fair skin.

Centrifuchsia is also a very beautiful color. I do however find it a bit more drying than the other lipsticks. It does stain your lips and can be a pain to get off. All in all I don't regret picking it up.

Pros
* Opaque
*Long lasting
*Wide range of shades 
 
Cons 
*Can be drying with certain shades
*Packaging does feel a little cheap 
*Color descriptions on website are very deceiving.
 
Overall I do love these lipsticks and don't regret picking them up, however I don't find them necessary unless your into some of their funkier colors or have fallen in love with any of these shades. I am very dissapointed in the way the lip swatches on the site are presented. They look nothing like the lipsticks when you get them. I would highly recommend looking up lots of swatches if you wish to purchase these.
 
Till next time :) 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment