Friday, May 10, 2013

April Favorites and Fails

I know I'm pretty late on the April favorites post but I thought I'd put it up anyways.

Skincare
Lately my skin has been going nuts lately. I've been breaking out all over and my face has just been an acne splotchy nightmare. 

Mario Badescu Whitening Mask- This stuff has been helping with lightening up old acne scars and making my skin brighter. I really recommend this to those having trouble getting rid of old acne scars and dark spot's on their face

Tools
Beauty Blender-When I first bought this product I was expecting miracles and I was kind of disappointed with it at first. In my experience as of lately I feel like the beauty blender works best with thicker products. It blends out my Missha bb cream like a dream.

Chanel eyelash curler- I've gone through two other high end eyelash curlers *cough* shu uemura *cough* la metier de beaute...and they just dont cut it in my opinion. This one works beautifully and it really is worth the 34 dollars because it comes with more than one replacement pad.

Makeup 
Lime Crime lipstick in "Coquette"- As I mentioned in my lime crime review this lipstick has become my go-to nude color. Love it.

Cover Girl Clump Crusher- I've always loved the lash blast mascara and this one top it. I never have to work about clumps and it lengthens and volumizes my lashes like no other drugstore mascara I've tried

FAILS
How I hate wasting good money on products and they wind up making me very mad.

Nars Pro-Prime Pore Refining Primer- I had such high hopes for this product when I bought it. This does not effect how long my makeup stays on at all! It's like putting straight up lotion on your face. My foundation is gone by the 3 hour mark when I put this stuff on...such a regret.

Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Mascara- We've all listened to that stupid voice in our head that says "Hey girl, you've worked hard this week treat yourself to something luxurious. Well I did just that with this mascara. I expected my lashes to look fake with this stuff on. I expected angels to come down and put this mascara on for me. Ok...maybe thats expecting a bit too much but still. This does lengthen a bit but that's about it. For a high-end mascara it should not flake under your eyes and be nearly impossible to remove even when it's not waterproof.

Indifferent
Cover Girl Outlast 3 in 1 foundation- This foundation has been raved about all over the place and for me right now it's a big meh....
The coverage is ok but I feel like I just cannot get this stuff to stay on my skin even though it's supposed to act like a primer. I'll have to wear it some more to give a better and more honest opinion.

Till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment