Thursday, September 27, 2012

BB Cream Overview

BB Cream Overview

*Wearing Fairy drops bb cream

I have somewhat of an obsession with BB creams as you can probably tell from the picture above. 
I absolutely love BB creams,they provide nice coverage and have alot of great ingredients for your skin.
Before I go into the reviews of these bb creams lets start off with the history.

History- BB cream was originally invented in Germany around the 1960's for patients who had just undergone any type of facial surgery such as chemical peels,face lifts,etc. A dermatologist invented it to help patients cover up post surgery marks and to also provide great skincare benefits. In the 1980's South Korea and Japan caught on after seeing many soap opera stars using bb cream on the shows. The secret was out and soon it started becoming a huge thing in Asia and still is quite big today. So much that America has now started to bring out American bb creams.

Here I have some swatches of all the bb creams I currently own.
Marked with the k-palette 24 hour tattoo liquid liner


Starting from left to right we have

Dr.Jart water fuse beauty balm- I received this as a sample with a Sephora order awhile back. This particular bb cream is quite fun to apply, because when you blend it into your skin you'll notice little water droplets forming and it feels very nice and cooling on the skin.

Dr.jart water fuse bb cream blended in. Notice the little droplets of water forming.

My verdict- I do enjoy this bb cream but I'm pretty sure if I go ahead and purchase this it'll only be used in the summertime. It doesn't provide amazing coverage, but it's very natural looking and perfect for hot day and it lasts a good 5-6 hours on my oily skin. It also nice that it carries an spf of 20 PA+++

Fairy drops bb cream-This is definitely one of my favorite bb creams I've tried! This has the best and most natural coverage of them all. I unfortunately ran out and it's pretty expensive for a bb cream but it's worth the price. It blends beautifully into the skin and lasts all day on my skin. If you'd like to see an more in-depth review on it. click here Fairy Drops BB Cream

My Verdict-This is definitely my favorite bb cream. Although this doesn't contain any SPF I like that because it's perfect for special occasions when photos will be taken. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to try out a seriously awesome bb cream . :)


Holika Holika Clearing Petit BB Cream- This is the most cost effective bb cream I own. I have acne prone and oily skin and I love that this contain ingredients that help with my acne. It has nice coverage and lasts about 5-6 hours on my skin. If you'd like to read a more in-depth review click here Holika Holika Clearing Petit BB cream

My Verdict-If you have acne prone and oily skin I would definitely give this a try. It has an SPF of 30 PA++ which is great for everyday wear.

Skin 79 Super+ Triple function Beblesh balm- This was the very first bb cream I tried and I'm on my second one. For awhile I was obsessed with this and used it pretty much every single day. I still use it but it's not my favorite anymore. This one tends to have more of a gray cast then all the others which isn't too bad considering that it blends into your skin after about ten minutes. This is a great bb cream for oily skin and it stays on my skin around the 5-6 hour mark. I do enjoy this one and still find myself using it.

My Verdict- I do enjoy this bb cream and it's great that it has an SPF of 25 PA++. The only gripe I have with this is how thick it is. It can be a bit harder to blend into the skin. Other then that it has quite nice coverage and it's worth giving it a try.

Well that's it for my bb cream overview. I'll be getting the Missha Perfect BB cream pretty soon and will have a review on that once I've tested it out.
Also if theirs any bb cream you'd like me to review please let me know and I'll try my best to get a review up. :)

Peace out lovelies! 


1 comment:

  1. i love dr. jart's bb cream :)

    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete