Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Initial Impressions-Fairy Drops Candybar BB cream review

I am so excited to finally get my hands on Fairy Drops Candy Bar BB cream. Ive been lemming this bb cream ever since it came out. I just could not get myself to spend the money on it. Ever since I tried out my first bb cream Ive become a little obsessed. :)


I just adore Asian packaging its so adorable and so cute to look at.

On to the review- I got the shade in light ocher and it does indeed match my NW20 complextion pretty well. First of all I love that this has a sponge applicator it makes the application effortless. I also love that you can detach the top and clean the sponge, which means you can continue using the sponge without fear of getting it dirty and being unable to use it.




The top also detaches so you can use the bb cream without the sponge applicator. Which I love because I like to squeeze the bb cream onto my hand then use the sponge. This method is best to avoid an uneven application.



Here's a swatch of the bb cream on my nw20 skin.

Finish- This dries down to a matte finish and the coverage I would say is medium and could be built up. I was actually quite surprised with the coverage of this bb cream. I love that it has no grey undertone like some bb creams Ive tried.

Wear-This has a pretty good wear time, I would say around 6-8 hours when set with a powder. I did however notice a little shine around the 4 hour mark.

*Pros
  • Great coverage for a bb cream!
  • No grey undertone
  • No SPF is actually a plus for me because that makes it good for photos
  • Sponge applicator makes it awesome for traveling and on the go
*Cons
  • Quite expensive for how much product you get
Thats honesty the only con I can think of when it comes to this bb cream. I really like this bb cream as of now. When I get a chance to use it more I'll give my final impressions on it.

For now I give it a 4.5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment